Visiting Tasmania is an incredible experience, and also a bit overwhelming. For such a small island there is so much to do. You can easily spend 3 weeks exploring the diverse geography and breathing some of the world’s cleanest air.
Important Details for Visiting Tasmania
Tasmania is a great place to visit with kids, and our Visiting Tasmania page covers all the details you need to plan your trip.
- When to Go – The seasons and weather vary across the island. We make sure you have the information you need so your family has the right weather for your favorite activities.
- Getting There – Spoiler alert, FLY! Unless you really want to take a vehicle with you, we recommend flying instead of the ferry cruise, and we cover the ferry details too, just in case cruising is your thing.
- Where to Stay – Tasmania is full of amazing Airbnb locations during our trip, and it really enhances the local experience.
- Scenic Drives – From the Great Eastern Drive to the Heritage Trail, we cover the most beautiful routes, and how long you’ll need to drive them.
- Amazing Beaches – The water may be cold, but the beaches in Tasmania are incredible. From surfing to swimming there’s something for everyone. Although you may need a wetsuit.
We cover it all. With links to our own experiences and other great resources, we compiled everything you need to know. Click the banner below to check it out for yourself, and be sure to pin the page for future reference!